Every year in the UK, 170 million working days are lost due to employee sickness. Plus, studies show the longer an employee is off sick, the less likely they are to return to work successfully.
Common reasons for employee absenteeism including physical illness, mental health issues, burnout, low morale, and workplace bullying.
As a business, it is in your best interest to ensure you have a healthy and happy workforce. If you do not prioritise the health and wellbeing of your employees, you are increasing the likelihood of absenteeism becoming a problem. You will also run the risk of losing valuable staff members.
In this blog, we are going to highlight how the Wellspace Workplace Wellbeing App can improve employee health and wellbeing whilst reducing the number of absences.
Features Of The Wellspace Workplace Wellbeing App
Wellspace has a range of corporate wellbeing programmes, designed to accommodate any business, regardless of size or sector.
Our bespoke wellness solutions have helped an abundance of businesses revolutionise their workplace. Our unique programmes and tools, including our Workplace Wellbeing App, have been designed with you in mind.
The Wellspace Workplace Wellbeing App goes hand in hand with the Wellbeing Portal. It encourages your employees to prioritise their health and wellbeing and offers a wide range of advice.
Along with its colourful, engaging, and easy to use interface, the Workplace Wellbeing App has four key features:
- Sleep Tracker
- Activity Tracker
- Mood Tracker
- Leadership Board
Sleep plays an important role in our physical and mental health and can reduce the risk of several diseases. Plus, getting a good night’s sleep can improve concentration and productivity, which is important for all employees.
The Workplace Wellbeing App features a sleep tracker, which enables employees to record the length and quality of their sleep. It then encourages your staff to make small, yet positive changes, to improve their sleeping pattern. With the use of the sleep tracker, your team will come to work alert and focused. Getting a good night’s sleep can also lift our mood and reduce stress.
Studies show that exercise can reduce the risk of developing long-term conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes whilst improving overall physical health. Similarly, exercise can make us happier and improve our mental resilience! It boosts self-esteem, lifts our mood, gives us energy, helps us sleep better and reduces stress.
The Activity Tracker found on the Wellspace Workplace Wellbeing App tracks physical activity including distance travelled, calories burned, steps taken and even floors covered. Your employees will be able to check whether they are getting enough exercise and will be encouraged to exercise more if required.
The Mood Tracker is a fantastic tool that assists team members in improving their mental wellbeing. It allows users to record their mood and highlight any triggers they feel may have contributed to their mood.
By tracking their mood, your employees will be able to identify patterns of emotions and factors that are causing them stress. Having an insight into the factors that boosts their mood or causes them stress will help your employees improve their mental resilience.
At Wellspace, there is no place for negativity. Instead, we prefer to focus on progression and positive changes, no matter how small. The Leadership Board enables users to track their progression and rewards engagement and perseverance. Plus, a little bit of healthy competition and team rivalry never hurt anybody!
Benefits Of The Workplace Wellbeing App
With the Workplace Wellbeing App, your team will prioritise their health and wellbeing. They will make positive changes that will improve both their physical and mental health.
The benefits of having a healthy, happy workforce are endless. Here are just some of the major benefits of using the Workplace Wellbeing App and Portal:
- Boost employee productivity and engagement – A healthy body and mind leads to improved cognitive function. A healthy employee will be able to think clearly, solve problems quickly, generate ideas and consistently demonstrate productivity within the workplace.
- Improve employee morale – A workplace that has low employee morale, workplace bullying or unhealthy relationships can become toxic and damaging to your team. Working in a challenging environment will impact the mental wellbeing of your employees. The Wellness Solutions from Wellspace boost employee morale and create a happy workplace environment for your team to thrive in.
- Fewer health-related absences – Employee absences put a strain on your team and negatively impact the service you provide to your clients/customers. With the Wellspace App and Portal, you can improve the health and wellbeing of your team, which will reduce the number of absences.
- Retain your best team members – Even those who love their job will not stick around if they feel as if their health and wellbeing is not a priority. By providing the Wellspace Workplace Wellbeing App, you are demonstrating that you care about the health and wellbeing of your employees.
- Hire the very best – Offering a Wellness Programme will set your business apart from others and will assist you in recruiting the top talent.
Get In Touch
If you would like more information on our Workplace Wellbeing App, get in touch with Wellspace.
Can we help you make your business run more smoothly, attract and retain key talent and improve its productivity? Discover more about the benefits of employee wellness by emailing email@example.com, or fill in our online enquiry form.